[Spce-user] Selective NAT pinging switch off possible?

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Sat Apr 15 06:15:14 EDT 2017

On 15 Apr 2017 05:36, "Walter Klomp" <walter at myrepublic.net> wrote:

Hi all,

Happy Easter!

How can I switch off NAT pinging to destinations that do not need it?

Hi

Under Subscribers Preferences -> NAT & Media Flow Control,
set no_nat_sipping

Hope this helps.

-Barry Flanagan

I see nat pinging to every address 192.168.x and 10.x.x.x and 172.16-31.x.x
… is this hard-coded? Shouldn’t it be only done to addresses where the
"contact" domain address is different from the "received" IP address the
request comes from?

Kamailio has a function in the pinger module for this (where the flag to
omit pinging is specified in location table) but it doesn’t seem to be
there in SPCE.

We have 10.x.x.x addresses on our network to our ONT equipment which
doesn’t require NAT (as it’s directly connected)… If we could switch off
NAT pinging to these addresses that would probably save a lot of resources
on the NAT pinger as per my calculation we wouldn’t be able to exceed 96k
subscribers on an SPCE installation, regardless on how much power and speed
we give the machine this runs on.

Are there other “hard” limits on an SPCE platform that would prevent
subscriber growth, other than perhaps concurrent calls ?

Thanks
Walter.