[Spce-user] Best version for production use

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Wed Aug 9 06:02:21 EDT 2017

Hi,

Sipwise doesn't support 2.8 any longer, while what I remember:

1) it still should be possible to install 2.8 if really necessary.
Ensure you are using Debian Squeeze repositories on debian.sipwise.com.
Also 2.8 Install CD is still available here:
https://deb.sipwise.com/spce/images/sip_provider_CE_installcd_2.8.iso
It is just for the history here.

P.S. the list of squeeze apt repositories are available here:
> https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr3.8.10/spce/ar01s03.html#_upgrade_from_previous_2_8_lts_version_to_mr3_8_10

2) it is highly recommended to update to the recent/supported LTS
version. As William/Bill wrote the latest LTS is mr4.5.5
You can upgrade on it into 3 steps:
 - upgrade on the latest 2.8 packages (you must have new keyring installed)
 - upgrade to mr3.8.10 in one jump
 - upgrade to mr4.5.5 in one jump

3) You can test your upgrade on Vagrant system:
> https://www.sipwise.org/doc/2.8/spce/ar01s04.html#_vagrant_box_for_virtualbox
Fire Vagrant CE 2.8 image, copy your config/db there
and test upgrade using standard procedures:

> https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr3.8.10/spce/ar01s03.html#_upgrade_from_previous_2_8_lts_version_to_mr3_8_10

> https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr4.5.5/spce/ar01s12.html#_upgrade_sip_provider_ce_from_previous_mr3_8_lts_version_to_mr4_5_5_lts_version

P.S. do NOT forget to compare packages list installed on your production
system to default vagrant one. Clean unnecessary packages before the
upgrade or install on Vagrant to keep them in sync during the test upgrade.

4) Sure you can install modern mr4.5.5 LTS and migrate DB/configs
manually. While the difference if too big IMHO. It is easier to upgrade
the copy of your system in Vagrant and copy DB/Configs from vagrant
mr4.5.5 to newly installed mr4.5.5 if you really want to have 'clean'
installation.

Have fun!

--
Alex Lutay