[Spce-user] Q: In-kernel + /proc recording: do you capture the first few userspace RTP packets ?

Anthony Alba ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:25:35 EDT 2017

I'd like to check my understanding of /proc recording + in-kernel.

When you record using /proc+in-kernel are the the userspace RTP
packets (before kernelize()) also captured?

I'm guessing yes: before kernelize() we would use dump_packet_proc()
for the userspace RTP packets, subsequently we would switch to using
the in-kernel module to add packets to the /proc interface.

Is this correct?

Thank you.

Anthony A