[Spce-user] no voice or video register ok

michaels mcs at catalysis.at
Sun Dec 31 19:15:53 EST 2017

Dear all,

Happy New Year everyone! I have just been able to sort this problem. Once I set the proxy settings right and used  sngrep -r (thank you Daniel), I figured everything stops at the router. Since I had to use my own domain name to be able to access the sip server from the internet, I needed a rule to forward the media stream from behind the nat. So I had to add

$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -d external-ip  -p udp -m udp --dport 20000:40000 -s 192.168.15.0/24 -j DNAT --to-destination internal-ip-sip-server:20000-40000

to firewall.user on the gargoyle router.

For reference, it is necessary to forward the SIP port as well:

$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -d external-ip -p udp -m udp --dport 5060 -s 192.168.15.0/24 -j DNAT --to-destination internal-ip-sip-server:5060

Thank you for the help
Cheers
Michael