[Spce-user] Sems Error + hangup on Reinvite + Update

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Fri Feb 3 03:24:29 EST 2017

El Thu, 2 Feb 2017 23:44:38 +0100
"Jon Bonilla (Manwe)" <manwe at sipdoc.net> escribió:

> Updating again for the list history:
>
> I've seen that sems sends INVITE-UPDATE to proxy, proxy sends INVITE-UPDATE to
> lb and lb sends UPDATE-INVITE to caller. The lb (!!!) is taking longer to
> process the INVITE.
>
> Can't find any other solution here but reject the UPDATES. I removed UPDATE
> from the supported methods in the proxy configuration and will see if nothing
> breaks.
>
> Note: Forced sst configurations to only INVITE.
>

> cheers,
>
> Jon

"If an UPDATE is received that contains an offer, and the UAS has
   generated an offer (in an UPDATE, PRACK or INVITE) to which it has
   not yet received an answer, the UAS MUST reject the UPDATE with a 491
   response.  Similarly, if an UPDATE is received that contains an
   offer, and the UAS has received an offer (in an UPDATE, PRACK, or
   INVITE) to which it has not yet generated an answer, the UAS MUST
reject the UPDATE with a 500 response, and MUST include a Retry-After
   header field with a randomly chosen value between 0 and 10 seconds."

In this scenario the UPDATE has no offer so it should be ok. Shouldn't sems
handle the responses even if they come out of order?