[Spce-user] Strange behaviour by AVM Fritz!Box

Chuck c231edae at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:49:44 EST 2017

I'm using alphanumeric username.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Spce-user] Strange behaviour by AVM Fritz!Box
Local Time: February 6, 2017 2:36 PM
UTC Time: February 6, 2017 2:36 PM
From: lexxua at gmail.com
To: C231edae <c231edae at protonmail.com>

your using as credentials alfanumeric username or e164 number ?

BR ,
Volodymyr

On Jan 23, 2017 12:37 PM, "C231edae" <c231edae at protonmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a Fritz!Box which I cannot understand nor fix. I hope someone of you already encountered and fixed this.

I have created a subscriber on my SP CE system with a single phone number. I have configured the Fritz!Box to register this account. Works fine. Outbound calls work fine as well. Inbound calls, however, don't work as expected.

The Fritz!Box accepts the SIP INVITE and signal SIP 180 Ringing. However no phone actually rings. I checked the call handling, the phone connected to the Fritz!Box is setup to ring for incoming calls to the SP CE subscriber.

Strange thing is that when I configure the call handling on the Fritz!Box to signal every call to the phone, the phone rings for inbound calls (of course it rings also for a potential 2nd subscriber configured for the fax machine, so it's not a solution to the problem.)

If you need/want more details, please let me know.

Best regards,

Chuck