[Spce-user] Can not Install sipwise on debian 8.6

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 9 03:59:23 EST 2017

Hi,

It is hard to tell you anything from here without the details/logs.
I have just checked CE for mr4.5.3 LTS and mr5.0.1 (latest release),
both were installed on Debian Jessie 8.6 this night without any issues.

> root at spce:/var/sipwise# cat /etc/debian_version
> 8.6
> root at spce:/var/sipwise# cat /etc/sipwise_ngcp_version
> System installed. NGCP version mr5.0.1 on 2017-01-05 02:50:59

So, please provide the answers on the following questions:

1) which release are you trying to install?
NOTE: mr4.2+ are based on Debian Jessie, while 2.8 - Debian Squeeze and
3.0-mr4.1 are Debian Wheezy.

2) Which error do you have exactly? Which packages you had to install
additionally?

3) Did you try to use NGCP Install CD which will debootstrap debian
first and then install NGCP over it (recommended way).
> https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr5.0.1/spce/ar01s03.html#_using_the_ngcp_install_cd_recommended

I suppose you are just using ngcp-installer way (which still should work
well)
> https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr5.0.1/spce/ar01s03.html#_using_the_ngcp_installer

So, please share more details here.

IMPORTANT: NGCP is currently do NOT support/use systemd,
migration on Systemd from SysV is still in progress.
You might have an issues if the server have some extra packages
with dependencies on systemd already installed.
It is the reason why NGCP Install CD is a recommended way to install NGCP.

--
Alex Lutay