[Spce-user] NCOS and Block list patterns

Julian Seifert js at dacor.de
Fri Mar 3 14:14:09 EST 2017

AFAIK the difference in syntax is mentioned in the docs or at least in the hover-notice in the panel.

I have no idea why there is both but it's probably for historic reasons and I assume glob interpretation is way

easier and less costly (cpu wise) than full regexp.

Block lists are either allow or deny (Depending on block list mode) and so are ncos-levels (white- or blacklist)

We only use block_lists. We have different classes of forbidden number patterns that can be combined.

we then generate a complete list and set this list for the customer. (It can be selected by staff or customer via crm/webinterface)

In addition we use an adm_ncos to deny calls to satellite numbers and known fraud prefixes/numbers and a adm_cf_ncos (I think, maybe te name differs) to prevent call forwardings to emergency numbers/premiums/foreign.

I don't think you can do allow AND deny in the same list but we simply forbid everything we/our customer does not want to being

able to call and everything not explicitly forbidden is allowed by default.

kind regards,

  Julian