[Spce-user] Contact header too long?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Mar 24 09:27:44 EDT 2017

Hi,

There is no limit in the SIP RFC (unless I overlooked something), and
different vendors handle it differently. E.g. the Dialogic SBC has a
limit at 1024, see
https://www.dialogic.com/webhelp/BorderNet2020/2.1.0/WebHelp/sip_message_header_restrict.htm.

Actually not much you can do here. The ngcpct is there to work around
issues for other user-agents, which don't handle a Contact of 127.0.0.1
very well, which we used to send in certain scenarios (which is also
totally fine in theory, but in practice breaks some clients). Therefore
we put the IP of the kamailio-lb there and store the original one in
masked form in the ngcpct param and reconstruct it in other scenarios.

Andreas