[Spce-user] rtpengine: is there a timeout for one-sided no RTP traffic?

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Tue Nov 7 17:40:56 EST 2017

On 07/11/17 03:55 AM, Anthony Alba wrote:
> Trying to understand timeouts here:
>
> If I have one UA disappearing (no RTP packets, no graceful delete from
> SIP proxy) but the other side still sending RTP, will rtpengine
> timeout?

No, and this is intentional. If one side is dead but the other is still
alive, it's the responsibility of the alive client to tear down the
session. This applies to both timeout=... and silent-timeout=...
options. Only final-timeout=... can be used to restrict the length of a
session in this case.

Cheers