[Spce-user] sngrep

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 06:21:27 EDT 2017

I usually use tcpdump (can be also sipgrep, ngrep or tshark) to save sip
traffic in pcap files on local hdd. If you search on the web, you should
find some wrapper scripts that you can run in background for such
purpose. These tools (or the wrapper scripts) have the option to split
the pcaps per size (say new pcap every 50MB or traffic) or per time
interval (one pcap file for each 2 hours), making it convenient to
delete old files and avoid filling the hdd.

Then later I can investigate pcaps as I need with sngrep or wireshark.

Homer sipcapture is a nice tool, too, but sometimes is a bit too much to
install it for a small deployment or in the
development/deployment/testing phase of a new system.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 12.10.17 01:50, Matt Schwinn wrote:
> Is there any way to view sngrep for times that it is not running?  I
> think this is an awesome tool, but I have to keep it running if I want
> to be able to see a log.  Thank you!
>
> --
> Enjoy the day!
> Matt Schwinn