[Spce-user] SipWise services explanation

Koot Pienaar koot at ntelecom.co.za
Tue Sep 19 05:23:45 EDT 2017

See my replies below

Koot Pienaar

VoIP Coordinator

From: Spce-user [mailto:spce-user-bounces at lists.sipwise.com] On Behalf Of
Christo Snyman
Sent: 19 September 2017 10:09 AM
To: spce-user at lists.sipwise.com
Subject: [Spce-user] SipWise services explanation

Hi all,

I'm busy with a SipWise install and would like to get some clarity and an
overview on the services, their function and priority.  I've added my own
understanding so please correct me where im wrong and if I've missed some
please feel free to add them:

.         Nginx - web server (self-explanatory)

.         Redis - Redis database engine - what is this used for in this
application stack? - I think it has been replaced by Influxdb for metrics
and stats

.         Prosody -  Jammer/XMPP IM chat service

.         Kamailio  LB & Proxy - SIP server

.         RTP-engine-daemon - why is this required?  Is this specifically
for data transfer between lb & proxy or all media paths? This is the RTP
proxy, it handles all of the media that passes through the system.

.         Rate-o-mat - this seems to be the billing engine

.         Collectd - system performance and stats?

.         Ngcp-eaddress - something to do with the network interfaces but Im
struggling to figure out where this fits.

.         Asterisk - standard PBX features? - This is only used for IVR and
voicemail. No other pbx functions.

Any extra information will be greatly appreciated J

Regards,

Christo