[Spce-user] Mediator not starting after upgrade

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Thu Aug 23 09:43:43 EDT 2018

Hi,

On 08/23/2018 03:28 PM, qabane me wrote:
> Well the age shows you how solid sipwise has been I guess :-) -

Sure, we were drunk^W young. Release 2.6 is very early Sipwise era.
The continues integration for all the software has been started
from ~mr3.2 releases, so far I believe everything 2.8+ can be considered
as solid nowadays. 2.6 and 2.7 I personally never saw in a wild :-(

> but we will soon be at the latest LTS - 2 more upgrades coming. I haven't
> replaced the mediator file yet - got sidetracked but will do so and let
> you know if that got us going, but it should.

ACK, if you restore upstream version - it should be updated properly.
Keeping locally modified version and garbage in dpkg database
might cause the file stay untouched.

So far, since it is a conffile now it should be updated on next upgrade.
Otherwise I will request the help here from Debian developers.

> Marcos - I don't think your issue is related - should be a separate
> thread ideally so that it doesn't get obfuscated here :-)

Oh... I didn't notice it is another system..
please start a separate thread here. The issues are completely
unrelated. Mediator mr6.3+ crashes related to Redis migration.
Also I know some of them already fixed in mr6.4.1 while I need to see
the backtrace. Maybe the fix is available in upcoming mr6.3.2

--
Alex Lutay