[Spce-user] Memory Utilization very high since yesterday mr5.5.2

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 8 08:33:04 EST 2018

Hi,

Is you system publicly accessible? Maybe you have been scanned or
received some (D)DOS attack? It is hard to say something from here.

Check the log files size to see the abnormal size to know the type of
the load SIP/WEB/... you need to understand who uses all right now RAM.
Restart this component to free the used RAM.

Sure, report here your findings.

On 03/08/2018 01:57 PM, Hohl Matthias wrote:
> ... SELECT queries have massively increased. Usually we have between 30-50 queries but from
> 18:30 to 18:45 there were nearly 2,000 queries.

Maybe someone dumped you DB massively?
A lot of SELECTS can happens if someone was scanning you with a lot of
REGISTER/INVITE SIP messages, which forces kamailio to perform selects, etc.

> We then looked at the syslog, but it is empty and contains no data. We
> also looked at the slow-queries, but again, nothing remarkable was
> noticed at this time.

> We also tried to clear the RAM, but this has not
> brought any improvement.

I suppose mysql/ngcp-panel restart should clean memory usage.
You should perform this during off-peak only.

> Normally, the RAM utilization should normalize again when the queries
> are finished, right?

It depends on the service.

--
Alex Lutay