[Spce-user] Peer registration comming from wrong ipaddress

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Tue May 29 03:25:50 EDT 2018

Hi Chris,
On 05/28/2018 10:29 PM, Chris Hoffmann wrote:
> I have changed  sems.db_reg_agent.fetch_extra_sockets_from_peer is set to 'yes'. and run ngcpcfg apply ',change sems option' then rebooted. no change.
>
> The registration message is going out the correct interface, with the wrong source address.

the problem is that the Contact field points to sip_ext interface and
not where you want the registration to be sent from.

This is due to the fact that reg_agent.conf way has been developed long
time ago, before we added multiple network interfaces support. There is
a better support of multiple interfaces with subscriber peer
registrations using db_reg_agent module.

In the future releases we will rethink how to deal with those old peer
registrations, they should probably be managed on the web page or at
least in config.yml instead of the customtt.tt2 file!

For now I suggest that you try to change the reg-agent.conf section as
following:
> domain=218.101.10.135
> user=039413170
> pwd=xxxxxxxx
> contact=sip:203.x.154.94:5060
It's enough to hardcode the IP in contact (you can of course write a tt2
script that will fetch the IP address automatically - if you understand
how tt2 logic works).
This will make sems send the REGISTER with Contact sip:203.x.154.94:5060
and the lb will select correct interface for sending that out.

Hope this helps,
Andrew