[Spce-user] T.38 to G.711a transcoding for peerings and vice versa

Hohl Matthias matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Thu Nov 15 07:26:21 EST 2018

Hello Daniel,

I believe it would be a problem on subscriber side:

>From SPCE to Peering Server with G.711a for faxing would be less problem because the transport will be with Sync-Ethernet and with direct peering connection.

But between subscriber PBX and SPCE there is often any kind of internet connection possible, and for this reason I think T.38 (leg from subscriber to SPCE) would make the things more stable like  G.711a.

So I think T.38 on subscriber side and G.711a on Peering side would be the most effective way to have successful fax services. Therefore SPCE has to transcode T.38 to G.711a for the peering or G.711a to T.38 for subscriber if the subscriber is supporting it.

I hope I descriped it now better 😊