[Spce-user] Codecs

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 15 07:26:10 EDT 2018

On 10/06/2018 07:18 PM, Tomi Hakkarainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use different codecs per peer ?
>
> I can find the config option on config.yml to blackist or whitelist but is it possible to do different list for peering servers.

Tomi,
it's not possible out of the box.. Although the config.yml option uses
sems, which is not able to make distinction between endpoints and apply
filter dynamically, you can implement your own logic in the kamailio
proxy  for the peering scenario.  there is something on subscriber
level,  called codecs_list and codecs_mode (since mr4.5), that you can
re-use some code if you can write kamailio config and can alter the
preference to be settable on peering server level. Just search
proxy.cfg.tt2 for sdp_keep_codecs_by_name and apply that logic in branch
route for peering server calls by looking at how we do it for other stuff.

Hope this helps.
Andrew