[Spce-user] mr6.4.1 testing

Manuel Montecelo mmontecelo at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 24 13:43:48 EDT 2018

Hi!

Replying here also to the 2nd message, to keep them in the same thread:

>   Hi all,
>
>   I'm testing the latest release in VMware (which was original a 5.5
>   release). As soon as I upgrade to 6.4.1 I cannot ping other sites anymore.
>   It looks like DHCP is disabled.
> [...]
>   So then I searched for ngcp-network commands and tried ngcp-network
>   --set-interface=eth0 --dhcp=yes
>   which added dhcp: yes right after eth0:, so I removed ip, netmask and
>   hwaddr lines.

Can you please try with the original "network.yml", then:

  ngcp-network --set-interface=eth0 --dhcp=yes
  ngcpcfg build /etc/network/interfaces

The resulting file /etc/network/interfaces should be configured for dhcp, at
least it is in my case (with virtualbox).

>   After ngcpcfg apply I had to restart the network manually to finally get
>   things working again.

Yeah, I think that we have to revisit this.  However, it's a bit tricky to
disconnect people configuring remotely, so maybe it's better to add it to the
instructions and not restart automatically.

Cheers.
--
Manuel Montecelo <mmontecelo at sipwise.com>
Release Engineer