[Spce-user] How to add thousands of Alias Numbers to a subscriber

Rene Krenn rkrenn at sipwise.com
Fri Sep 28 04:59:31 EDT 2018

Hi,

ngcp basically uses explicit alias numbers rather than regexpes:

-          It can generate billing events ie for adding or removing particular numbers

-          The complex pbx features are based on managing numbers explicitly (groups)

-          Since multiple resellers can be hosted, they must not steal each others‘ numbers. This number management relies on explicit numbers and works safely even in race condition sceanrios.

-          While the alias number define which numbers are reachable for incoming calls, the numbers allowed as clis for outgoing calls can be defined separately with the subscribers‘ „allowed_clis“ setting.

So basically, range entry will always rely on deflating to explicit numbers.

-          the pbx subscriber admin forms in the panel UI allow to specify e164 ranges. For an e164 range, aliases are generated by appending all combinations of digits for a given suffix length.

-          the api uses an array field „alias_numbers“ to post the list of numbers. While ok for few thousands of elements, there will however be performance implications when POSTing lists with tens of thousands of numbers, which we are about to address. Also topical for allowed_clis.

-          In the Migration/Importer framework you can find (outdated) code for parsing proprietary files with provisioning data, which was used to process range notations (including intersection detection etc.).

However, there is an preferrence to enable „extended dialing mode“. If enabled, where the system will find numbers suffixed by any additional digits. Maybe an enhancment / feature request would be to introduce a regexp preference here for more detailed control.

regards