[Spce-user] /usr/sbin/acc-cleanup.pl doesn't work - access denied

Hohl Matthias matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Tue Aug 20 17:42:50 EDT 2019

Hello,

we tried to upgrade today from 6.5.3 to 6.5.5 but got this error at #
ngcp-status –all

|                           |   DB: accounting.cdr is too big on
localhost:3306 for an upgrade: 6429995 rows |

|                           |   DB: DB localhost:3306 contains 3 users
without password: root at spce root at 127.0.0.1 root@::1 |

I tired to start the acc-cleanup tool manually but got this error:

# /usr/sbin/acc-cleanup.pl

ERROR error: Failed to connect to DB accounting (localhost):Access denied
for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at
/usr/share/perl5/NGCP/Cleanup.pm line 112.

I really don’t know what happened here, cause we didn’t change any DB
passwords or whatever.

On our test spce installation I can run acc-cleanup.pl without a problem.

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Matthias Hohl