[Spce-user] MR7.1.1 ISO doesn't boot (but installs!) into KVM+UEFI/OVMF

Anthony Alba ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:14:19 EST 2019

Hi,

I can't seem to get the MR7.1.1 ISO to be booted into a KVM+UEFI/OVMF based VM.

With an empty disk and the ISO it just wants to boot to EFI shell> and
(blk2: and blk3: look like
CDROM paths) but when I do blk2: blk3: dir \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi it
refuses to recognise
the filesystem.

On the other hand, extracting vmlinuz and initrd.img and using direct
kernel boot with
the kernel command line parameters from grub.cfg, it boots and
installs flawlessly into OVMF.
After installation, the VM boot successfully to the spce logi: prompt.

Any ideas?

I tried KVM UEFI/OVMF VMs with "normal" boot ISOs like Debian 9 net
install and it works.

Cheers
Anthony