[Spce-user] Redis can't connect

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Thu Jan 31 10:21:18 EST 2019

Hi,

On 1/31/19 12:42 PM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> Same happening to me after upgrading a test server and rebooting. Kamailio
> proxy won't start as it can't connect to redis
>
> I'm attaching screenshots of both logs.
>
> what I see in the redis log is that it's verbose about dbs 19 and 24
> Kamailio is verbose about db 23

it sounds like an issue we have fixed in mr7.1:
https://github.com/sipwise/kamailio/commit/9ffa56c456d70885af88d4d04a955bc0e6b5d754

if you want to check quickly if that is the case you can also create a
file
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/systemd/system/kamailio-proxy.service.d/override.conf.customtt.tt2

and add the [Unit] section so it looks like this:

[Service]
# Amount of shared memory to allocate for the running Kamailio server
(in Mb)
Environment="SHM_MEMORY=[% kamailio.lb.shm_mem %]"
# Amount of private memory for each Kamailio process (in Mb)
Environment="PKG_MEMORY=[% kamailio.lb.pkg_mem %]"

[Unit]
After=redis-server.service

But it has been fixed in the kamailio package so we are going to take a
look at backporting that.

Andrew