[Spce-user] Virtual Network Interface as RTP Interface and missing v6gateway

Hohl Matthias matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Wed Mar 27 06:36:56 EDT 2019

Hello,

in my test environment I want following setup:

I want 2 network interfaces in the same subnet for ipv4 and ipv6.

So I created 1 main interface eth0 and 1 alias interface (virtual interface)
eth0:1

On eth0 the subscriber should connect and on eth0:1 the peering should
connect (inbound and outbound)

My Problem:

If I create a second network interface like eth1 instead of eth0:1 I have a
problem with routing, cause same IP addresses are in the same subnet, so I
have to create the alias eth0:1.

eth0:1 for rtp_engine works, but if I generate the config ngcp created an
additional eth0 RTP_Interface:

                     rtp_interface eth0:1_peering=eth0:1_peering is sync
between config and db

                     rtp_interface eth0=eth0 is sync between config and db

                     rtp_interface ext=ext is sync between config and db

is this a bug? Normally eth0 is the "ext" interface, so there is no need to
generate eth0 as rtp_interface separately.

Anyway it works, and if I set rtp_interface "eth0:1_peering" in my peering
settings and my outbound socket, I can place calls over eth0:1

I just want to be sure, that my config is the right way to deal with virtual
network interfaces in the same subnet

BTW:

I also found out, that I can't set a v6gateway in network.yml in mr6.5.3 for
ipv6 connectivity.

I have to add this manually in the etc/network/interfaces but this is not
ngcpapply stable.

Without that, I can't ping it the interfaces via ipv6.

My network.yml looks like this:

---

hosts:

  self:

    status: online

    swraiddevices: []

    dbnode: '1'

    role:

    - mgmt

    - lb

    - proxy

    - db

    - rtp

    interfaces:

    - lo

    - eth0

    - eth0:1

    lo:

      cluster_sets:

      - default

      ip: 127.0.0.1

      netmask: 255.255.255.0

      v6ip: ::1

      shared_ip: []

      shared_v6ip: []

      type:

      - api_int

      - sip_int

      - ha_int

    eth0:

      dns_nameservers:

      - 8.8.8.8

     - 8.8.4.4

      hwaddr: 00:50:56:BB:3E:FF

      ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.5

      gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.1

      netmask: 255.255.255.128

      v6ip: 1000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0005

      v6netmask: 64

      type:

      - sip_ext

      - rtp_ext

      - web_ext

      - web_int

      - ssh_ext

      - mon_ext

      - aux_ext

    eth0:1:

      hwaddr: 00:00:00:00:00:00

      ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.6

      netmask: 255.255.255.128

      v6ip: 1000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0006

      v6netmask: 64

      type:

      - sip_ext_incoming

      - rtp_eth0:1_peering