[Spce-user] Peer Registration with Unresolvable Realm

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Sun Mar 10 15:04:28 EDT 2019

> De: "EMMANUEL AFANG" <afang.emmanuel at gmail.com>
> Para: "Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana" <rabs at dimension-virtual.com>
> CC: "spce-user" <spce-user at lists.sipwise.com>
> Enviados: Sábado, 9 de Marzo 2019 1:22:27
> Asunto: Re: [Spce-user] Peer Registration with Unresolvable Realm

> Hi Alexis
> Thanks for you swift response.
> The remote peer is correctly setup and INVITES are being sent out, as I supplied
> both an IP and a Hostname. The problem however is with REGISTER. It needs to
> use an unresolvable realm / domain. And spce uses this domain as the host to
> send REGISTER to. So I need a way to tell spce what IP the realm should be.

SCPE doesn't work like that, it doesn't use the real to route the register, as I told you, you have to read the docs to correctly set the outbount peer, if it need you to send register to that peer.

> Tried adding to /etc/hosts file, but notice that
> 1. It is readonly
> 2. File resets after every reboot
> 3. spce does not take any value added there.

> So in spce, where do I add dns entry (the equivalence of /etc/hosts file) ?

So what about to READ THE DOCS? ... it's explained there. You should take care of the /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/hosts.tt2 and create a custom file so it take care of your manualy added hosts.

I couldn't strongly suggest you to read the docs, 99% of the uses cases of SCPE are documented there.

Best regards.