[Spce-user] Upstream sends Bye instead of cancel

qabane me qabaneitsolutions at gmail.com
Fri May 17 07:06:56 EDT 2019

Hi

We still live in some hope that the interconnect partner will change this
but so far now joy. They seem to not be wrong though:

"This only happens when the call is not answered. Based on the RFC we are
not out of specification"
and
" According to Section 15 of RFC3261, callee (UAS) MUST NOT send a BYE on
early dialogs, but the caller (UAC) MAY send a BYE to terminate early
dialogs."

So while what they do is completely out of the ordinary, our interconnect
agreement is guided by the RFC and we therefore cannot force them to change
this. As this is an interconnect between 2 carriers, not just a chosen
carrier, there is no alternative here.

If indeed this is allowed as per RFC - is it then not the case that sipwise
is not handling this correctly as even though not usual, it should still be
able to deal with it?

Is my reasoning correct?

Regards
Theo