[Spce-user] Ptime issues

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Fri May 31 14:19:20 EDT 2019

El Fri, 31 May 2019 19:26:45 +0300
apogrebennyk at sipwise.com escribió:

> Hi,
> can’t reproduce your problem. I checked on-net calls and calls to peer and
> with all possible combinations of options it does the right thing. In your
> particular scenario, ptime is set on domain or subscriber and you are calling
> out via a peer that has “unchanged” ptime right? We repeated the test also in
> this setup and see that requested ptime is being send to subscriber, the log
> shows “Enabling transcoding engine”
>
> Granted, I tested with latest version and not mr6.5.3, but the changes in
> rtpengine.cfg are minimal and should be non-relevant between the two
> versions. Also Richard confirmed that rtpengine does what it is supposed to
> do when invoked with correct parameters using our test. So kindly asking you
> to share some more information, such as rtp.log with verbose (ngcp-loglevel
> rtpengine --set-verbose) and exact test scenario if this is not what I
> understood. Also, is there any peering failover involved or the call is
> routed out via the first available peer successfully?

Hi Andrew

Theo has all the logs but I think it was when the rtpengine arguments didn't
include ptime but only ptime-reverse. The transcoding engine was not called in
the rtp log.

May 27 23:22:08 spce proxy[26565]: INFO: <script>: ---Manwe --> replace-origin
replace-session-connection via-branch=1 strict-source label=caller
xmlrpc-address=$var(xmlrpc_address) address-family=IP4 ptime-reverse=20
ICE=remove transport-protocol=$var(callee_transport_protocol) rtcp-mux-demux  -
R=sip:999 at XX:5060;transport=udp ID=XX

--
https://pekepbx.com
https://www.issabel.com/multitenant