[Spce-user] Disksize / Free Space / Values in Grafana

Ralf Eberhard r.eberhard at msg-gruppe.de
Mon Oct 14 12:07:17 EDT 2019

Hello sipwise people,

I have a question concerning disk space. I tried 7.5.1 first and noticed that the partitioning changed - and Grafana showed totally different values.
(Also some other problems on 7.5.1 like no active calls showing, Rewrite Rules not working - $caller_cc not getting replaced)
So we decided to stay on 6.5.x and did a fresh install of 6.5.6 (old Live Sys running on 6.5.4).

So here's the thing: Since on 6.5.6 the partitioning already changed (On a minor release within an LTS branch? Such fundamental changes?)

Now what's concerning me/ don't understand:

Old live system (6.5.4):
[cid:image001.png at 01D582AD.9AC8C660]
Disk is 94% full, so far true.

Grafana tells the same - 94% in use, ~7GB free
Expected values.

New System  (6.5.6, 160GB HDD):
[cid:image002.png at 01D582AF.01AD9B20]
Grafana says 10% in use and 55GB free.
Which doesn't fit at all!
Also not as described in https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr6.5.6/sppro/apfs03.html (3. The default disk partitions)
".../dev/mapper/ngcp-data is the /ngcp-data partition with the rest of the disk space for the whole platform data..."
Should be ~150GB free according to df, 140 without the fallback dir.

Where do those numbers come from?
Is this save to use like that or is this some kind of bug?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Ralf Eberhard