[Spce-user] Incoming call failed with 404 (callee is not local)

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Thu Sep 12 04:27:12 EDT 2019

On 9/12/19 9:57 AM, Yazar Lwin wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> I didn't use FQDN in my server. I've created domain with 192.168.x.x IP
> and users are created under that domain.  Peering is with 172.18.79.20.
> So I will try to create empty domain with 172.18.79.20 as well since
> peering server is sending with that IP. I don't know how NGCP will
> translate this to actual domain to terminate the call to users.
>
> Best regards,

Hi,
ok, the NGCP will be able to find the actual subscriber by the E.164
number if it has one, because this is unique number. But it doesn't work
like that if subscriber only has a SIP username, because username is
non-unique, but username at domain is.
If you really don't want to assign E.164 for some reason, see one of the
hints from my previous mail.

Hope this helps.
Andrew