[Spce-user] Need help for Sip trunk setup

Matthias Hohl matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Sat Sep 21 07:10:46 EDT 2019

Hello,

for Debugging here is a short cheatlist 😊

/var/log/ngcp/api.log

API logs providing type and content of API requests and responses as well as potential errors

/var/log/ngcp/panel.log /var/log/ngcp/panel-debug.log

Admin Web UI logs when performing operational tasks on the ngcp-panel

/var/log/ngcp/cdr.log

mediation and rating logs, e.g. how many CDRs have been generated and potential errors in case of CDR generation or rating fails for particular accounting data

/var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log

Overview of SIP requests and replies between lb, proxy and sems processes. It’s the main log file for SIP overview

/var/log/ngcp/kamailio-lb.log

Overview of SIP requests and replies along with network source and destination information flowing through the platform

/var/log/ngcp/sems.log

Overview of SIP requests and replies between lb, proxy and sems processes

/var/log/ngcp/rtp.log

rtpengine related log, showing information about RTP communication

Example of kamailio-proxy.log line:

Nov 19 00:35:56 sp1 proxy[7475]: NOTICE: <script>: New request on proxy - M=REGISTER R=sip:sipwise.local

F=sip:jdoe at sipwise.local T=sip:jdoe at sipwise.local IP=10.10.1.10:5060 (127.0.0.1:5060) ID=364e4676776621034977934e055d19ea at 127.0.0.1 UA='SIP-UA 1.2.3.4'

The above line shows the SIP information you can find in a general line contained in /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-*:

*        M=REGISTER : The SIP Method

*        R=sip:sipwise.local : The SIP Request URI

*        F=sip:jdoe at sipwise.local : The SIP From header

*        T=sip:jdoe at sipwise.local : The SIP To header

*        IP=10.10.1.10:5060 (127.0.0.1:5060) : The source IP where the message is coming from. Between brackets it is shown the local internal IP where the message come from (in this case Load Balancer)

*        ID= <mailto:364e4676776621034977934e055d19ea at 127.0.0.1> 364e4676776621034977934e055d19ea at 127.0.0.1 : The SIP CallID.

*        UAIP=10.10.1.10 : The User Agent source IP

*        UA=SIP-UA 1.2.3.4 : The SIP User Agent header

In order to collect the full log related to a single call, it’s necessary to "grep" the /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log using the ID= string, for example:

# cat /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log

# cat /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-lb.log

# tail -f /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log | zgrep --line-buffered 'SEARCHTERM '

# tail -f /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-lb.log | zgrep --line-buffered 'SEARCHTERM '

# cat  /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log | zgrep -i 'SEARCHTERM'

# cat  /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-lb.log | zgrep -i 'SEARCHTERM '

Increase Debug Level:

Kamailio LB

# ngcp-kamctl lb fifo corex.debug 1

# ngcp-kamctl lb fifo corex.debug 2

# ngcp-kamctl lb fifo corex.debug 3

Kamailio Proxy

# ngcp-kamctl proxy fifo corex.debug 1

# ngcp-kamctl proxy fifo corex.debug 2

# ngcp-kamctl proxy fifo corex.debug 3

Show FiFo Commands:

Kamailio LB

# ngcp-kamctl lb fifo system.listMethods

Kamailio Proxy

# ngcp-kamctl proxy fifo system.listMethods

SIP Package Inspection:

# ngrep-sip

# ngrep -s0 -Whyline -d any -O /root/filename.pcap port 5062 or port 5060

btw: for SIP call debugging also check out Sipcapture Homer 7:

https://github.com/sipcapture/homer-installer/blob/master/homer_installer.sh

I think this will be enough for the beginning 😉