[Spce-user] ring generation?

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.net
Fri Sep 6 10:44:43 EDT 2019

That is wrong.  If they want the clients device to generate ringing to the
client then they should be sending 180. Once 183 is sent we expect audio in
band.   Please inform your carrier to fix their problem. A simple google
would explain clearly.

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 21:17, Sean Peters <scpeters at techsquared.com> wrote:

> I’m currently running CE 6.5 and have a coupe outbound dialed routes where
> the user does not hear a ring but the call progresses. Here is what the
> vendor is saying.
>

> If you look at the signaling on this call Windstream sent back an initial
> ringback (183) right after they received the INVITE. This initial 183
> included SDP/Media which signifies that they would have been playing the
> ringback. However 1 second later (see attachment) they sent a 183 without
> SDP/Media which puts the responsibility of ringback on the source switch,
> in other words your network.
>
> This type of signaling is very common and the initial 183 SDP is referred
> to as early ringback. It is acceptable and is not something we would open a
> case with a downstream vendor on.
>
> So what changes do I need to make so when Sipwise receives a 183 without
> SDP, SIPwise generates the ring tone my customer?
>

> Thanks for any direction.
>

> Sean
> --

Warmest Regards,

<https://myrepublic.com.sg/>
*Walter Klomp*
Head of Voice & Systems
MyRepublic Limited
T: +65 6816 1120
F: +65 6717 2031

MyRepublic Limited
11 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh Block B Jackson Square
#04-11/15 Singapore 319579

myrepublic.com.sg
Follow us on: Twitter <https://twitter.com/myrepublic> | Facebook
<https://facebook.com/myrepublicsg> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/myrepublic>

--
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. You must not disseminate the contents of this email and