[Spce-user] Move Sipwise 8.3.1 to another server

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue Apr 14 16:37:50 EDT 2020

Hi all,

re: /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf

mr8.3.1 doesn't operate with /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf
It was deprecated and removed in mr8.1.1+:

> https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr8.1.1/spce/?_href=ar01s14.html
> Deprecated and removed /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf, please use /etc/mysql/sipwise_extra.cnf [TT#68021]

Anyway both those files are generated from templates in a modern release
~mr6.5+, so no need to copy it manually.
Please report if you still see in a modern documentation:

> The system configuration files such as /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf and the
> /etc/ngcp-config/ directory should be included in the backup

On my side:

> 22:36:27 ✔ taurus:(master)~/sipwise/git/documentation$ ack "sipwise.cnf"
> debian/changelog
> 67:  * [80136c1] TT#68021 Add remark about Deprecated /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf to mr8.1 release notes
> 68:  * [736174d] TT#68035 Remove /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf from documentation
> 22:36:30 ✔ taurus:(master)~/sipwise/git/documentation$

============

re: mysql start issue

Good to check mysql error log: /var/log/mysql/error.log
also systemd can print something to /var/log/syslog

Maybe it is somehow related to DB encryption, is it enabled for
your installation? It is enabled by default for mr8.3.1:

> root at spce:~# grep crypt /etc/mysql/my.cnf
> # Encryption options
> innodb_encrypt_tables             = force
> innodb_encrypt_log                = 1
> encrypt_binlog                    = 1
> innodb_encryption_threads         = 1
> innodb_tablespaces_encryption
> root at spce:~#

Or there could be the issue with credential in /etc/mysql/debian.cnf for
user debian-sys-maint.

Please share your findings.

--
Alex Lutay