[Spce-user] Question on concurrent_max used in domain

Scott Fertig scottf at zstaff.wcoil.com
Thu Apr 30 16:21:14 EDT 2020

Hello,
I think I may be a little confused. I am using mr8.3.1 and am working on
a scenario to cut down on toll fraud and am attempting to limit
concurrent calls along with using NCOS, the NCOS side works just
perfect. When setting a value for concurrent_max in a domain I'm not
sure if it's working properly (or maybe this is just not the option I
want). What happens is say for example I assign a value of 1 to
concurrent_max, then subscriber A can receive a call and subscriber B
can make a call, but no other calls can be processed for this domain
because it is at max. It seems as though the value is for each incoming
and outgoing rather than a total amount of calls since subscriber B is
still able to make a call out. What I am needing to do is make it so
that if I set concurrent_max to 1 subscriber A can call out and no other
calls can be made incoming or outgoing from this domain. Am I just
confused about what this setting actually does or am I looking for a
different setting? I've thought about trying to define totals for both
incoming and outgoing, but ideally I need to just take a total of all
calls (incoming and outgoing) and stop any new calls after this total is
reached.

Thank you
--Scott