[Spce-user] mr6.5.5 - block list based on Caller-ID

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.net
Fri Feb 7 07:19:09 EST 2020

Found a nicer solution so that blocklists work on domain level.

Put this in SQL:

MariaDB [provisioning]> UPDATE voip_preferences SET dom_pref=1 WHERE
attribute in ("block_in_list", "block_in_mode", "block_in_clir");

This will make the panel show the blocklist mechanism on domain level.

Then you have a global blacklist, and it works. You can still overwrite the
blocklist per subscriber or peer if you wish to do so.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 4:34 PM Henk via Spce-user <
spce-user at lists.sipwise.com> wrote:

> Hi Walter,
>
> Just as a coincidence I had the same issue last month. I tested two
> solutions:
>
> 1. Make a dummy trunk and add outbound CLI rules to 'capture' the
> disallowed traffic. The dummy trunk can just be a default Kamailio instance
> with the line
>
> sl_send_reply("403","CLI not allowed");
>
> I tested with another system, but you can also add a Kamailio instance
> locally on a different port.
>
> 2. Make a list of rewrite rules and rewrite all forbidden CLI's to a
> special like 'forbidden'. Then you can add some custom code in the proxy to
> reply with 403.
>
> I'm using the last one, but I've added the custom code in another
> (Kamailio) proxy that handles my traffic to this provider:
>
>             if ($fU=="forbidden")
>             {
>                 # Illegal CLI, determined with rewrite rules
>                 sl_send_reply("403","This CLI is not allowed");
>                 exit;
>             }
>
> I've imported the rules directly in provisioning.voip_rewrite_rules as the
> UI is not suited to add around 100 rules I have.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Regards,
>
> Henk Plessius
>
> VoipDigit
> On 07-Feb-20 08:12, Walter Klomp via Spce-user wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We need to block inbound calls based on CallerID.  Is there a "global"
> version, or a list which I can apply to multiple peers and subscribers
> (some sip trunk customers have wildcard caller-id).
>
> I was hoping on Admin NCOS, but that only blocks on outgoing calls. (on
> called number).
>
> Hope some of you have some idea?
>
> Thanks
> Walter.
>

> The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
> also be privileged. You must not disseminate the contents of this email and
> any attachments without permission of the sender. If you have received this
> email by mistake, please delete all copies and inform the sender
> immediately. You may refer to our company's Privacy Policy here
> <https://myrepublic.net/sg/legal/terms-of-use-policies/privacy-policy/>.
>
> --

Warmest Regards,

<https://myrepublic.com.sg/>
*Walter Klomp*
Head of Voice & Systems
MyRepublic Limited
T: +65 6816 1120
F: +65 6717 2031

MyRepublic Limited
11 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh Block B Jackson Square
#04-11/15 Singapore 319579

myrepublic.com.sg
Follow us on: Twitter <https://twitter.com/myrepublic> | Facebook
<https://facebook.com/myrepublicsg> | LinkedIn