[Spce-user] How to record calls local?

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 28 14:04:44 EDT 2020

On 24/09/2020 18.41, Matthias Hohl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after reading
> https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr5.5.12/spce/ar01s07.html#call_recording
>
> I am asking how I can configure a local mounted disk or nfs mounted
> disk as recording path?
>
> The config just tells me, how I can use a nfs_host but not how I can
> use a local mounted disk or directory.
>
> “However if you /have to/ store recorded streams as files in the local
> filesystem, please contact Sipwise Support team in order to get the
> proper configuration of Call Recording function.”
>
> So dear support team, how does this works 😊
>
> Thanks

Create a customtt for `etc/default/ngcp-rtpengine-recording-daemon.tt2`
that changes `MUST_NFS=yes` to `...=no`

You can then leave NFS host and remote path blank, and the `output_dir`
is then where the recordings are stored.

This is not officially supported as the I/O load from recording files
can be quite significant, which is why we insist on an NFS server.

Cheers