[Spce-user] ?==?utf-8?q? mariadb 300% CPU no queries

Kirill Solomko ksolomko at sipwise.com
Thu Feb 4 08:18:18 EST 2021

Hi Jon,

The issue is related to an ”internal behaviour/issue” in MariaDB with encryption idle threads concurrency when the value > 1

It was fixed in NGCP since mr8.3 but was not backported into mr7.5, going to backport it into mr7.5.

In the meantime you can safely set the value to ”1”, as the encryption threads are only engaged in the keys rotation and the system tablespace encryption, where only the server threads are used for the client table encryption/decryption operations (including alter table set encrypted).

Cheers,
Kirill