[Spce-user] ?==?utf-8?q? mariadb 300% CPU no queries
ksolomko at sipwise.com
Thu Feb 4 08:18:18 EST 2021
The issue is related to an ”internal behaviour/issue” in MariaDB with encryption idle threads concurrency when the value > 1
It was fixed in NGCP since mr8.3 but was not backported into mr7.5, going to backport it into mr7.5.
In the meantime you can safely set the value to ”1”, as the encryption threads are only engaged in the keys rotation and the system tablespace encryption, where only the server threads are used for the client table encryption/decryption operations (including alter table set encrypted).
> On 04.02.2021, at 13:49, Volodymyr Fedorov <lexxua at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> I believe that CPU usage will go to normal values once all data will
> be encrypted.
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 1:42 PM Jon Bonilla (Manwe) <manwe at sipdoc.net <mailto:manwe at sipdoc.net>> wrote:
>> El Thu, 4 Feb 2021 11:56:00 +0100
>> Volodymyr Fedorov <lexxua at gmail.com> escribió:
>>> As far as I remember it is related to MySQL(mariadb) data encryption
>>> which is done after Install/Upgrade.
>> Looks like that'ss it. I've set the encryption threads to 12 in my.cnf and the
>> load after mysql restart is not 600% instead of 300%.
>> meh. I could accept it first time but not every time I restart mysql.
>> thank you
>> PekePBX, the multitenant PBX solution
> Best regards,
> Spce-user mailing list
> Spce-user at lists.sipwise.com <mailto:Spce-user at lists.sipwise.com>
> http://lists.sipwise.com/mailman/listinfo/spce-user_lists.sipwise.com <http://lists.sipwise.com/mailman/listinfo/spce-user_lists.sipwise.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Spce-user