[Spce-user] A/B upgrade schema, how to keep custom installed software

Matthias Hohl matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Thu Apr 28 11:34:51 EDT 2022

Hello Henk,

we had the same topic after migration to 9.5.x on PRO version and we solved it with an “after upgrade script” and symlinks.

The files inside the directory /etc/ngcp-config/ will not be removed after upgrade, so we placed the config files there and installed the software and create the symlinks to the files in our “telematica” directory.

I hope I could help you with this work-a-round.

For an example with fail2ban we did it this way:

#

### Fetch latest packages and create directories

apt-get update

mkdir /ngcp-data/telematica

#

### Install Packages

apt-get install -y fail2ban

#

echo "fail2ban installed"

#

#

### Create Fail2Ban Symlinks

ln -s /etc/ngcp-config/telematica/fail2ban/jail.local /etc/fail2ban/jail.local

ln -s /etc/ngcp-config/telematica/fail2ban/fail2ban.local /etc/fail2ban/fail2ban.local

ln -s /etc/ngcp-config/telematica/fail2ban/filter.d/kamailio-lb.local /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/kamailio-lb.local

ln -s /etc/ngcp-config/telematica/fail2ban/filter.d/kamailio-proxy.local /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/kamailio-proxy.local

#

echo "fail2ban configured"

#

systemctl restart fail2ban