[Spce-user] Backporting kamailio

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Mon Jan 31 11:58:04 EST 2022

Hi all

I'm trying to install ngcp-kamailio mr10.2 in a spce mr7.5 box.

I built it from sources and installed the packages, adapted the script to the
changes but when I try to start it I get a timeout from systemd

# systemctl status  kamailio-proxy
● kamailio-proxy.service - Kamailio (OpenSER) - the Open Source SIP Server,
Proxy Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/kamailio-proxy.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled) Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/kamailio-proxy.service.d
           └─override.conf
   Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Mon 2022-01-31 10:44:55 EST; 1h 7min
ago Process: 23495 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/kamailio -P
/run/kamailio/kamailio.proxy.pid -f $CFGFILE -m $SHM_MEMORY -M $PKG_MEMORY -DD
(code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Main PID: 23495 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Looks like kamailio starts but after some time systemd stops it for timeout.
Could this be caused because is a NOTIFY unit and systemd doesn't detect it?

Looks like the database and redis schemas are compatible, I don't see errors
there.

any hints?

cheers,

Jon