[Spce-user] Using postfix as MTA: Asterisk voicemails

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Wed Nov 29 11:09:36 EST 2023

This is a reminder for future me and also a question. Running 9.5.8.

The handbook says:

"You are free to install and configure any other MTA (e.g. postfix) on
the system, if you are more comfortable with that."

Asterisk won't send voicemails via email because it need permissions to write
to the postfix spool. You need to create a customtt of the file

/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/systemd/system/asterisk.service.d/override.conf.customtt.tt2

And add

ReadWritePaths=/var/spool/postfix/maildrop/

And as another question, what' would be the best way of removing the exim4
service check in ngcp-status and set it to postfix? Ensure postfix is running?
Each time I apply some changes to ngcpcfg I get exim message errors.

cheers,

Jon

--
PekePBX, the multitenant PBX solution