[Spce-user] ngcpcfg permissions bug

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Thu Sep 28 13:06:10 EDT 2023

Hi all (Hi Mika, this is for you)

Using version 9.5.7

I've realized that the config file generated from a customtt templates has 000
permissions if the tt2 template does not exist.

When I want to create a new config file in a ngcp system I create a customtt
template although the original file is not in the ngcp template set because
it's easier later to track changes and to move configurations to other systems.

But in 9.5.7 I've realized that the config files generated have no
read-write-exec permissions unless I also create a fake tt2 file for it.

Reproduce:

echo "test" >
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/lb/manwecustom.cfg.customtt.tt2

ngcpcfg build /etc/kamailio/lb

ll /etc/kamailio/lb/manwecustom.cfg

touch /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/lb/manwecustom.cfg.tt2

ngcpcfg build /etc/kamailio/lb

ll /etc/kamailio/lb/manwecustom.cfg

cheers,

Jon