[Spce-user] SSL for the provisioning interface

Robert C. Chandler II robert3056519624 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 08:08:02 EST 2010

I'm receiving the following message when I try to test the provisioning
interface with

the default CE self-signed SSL certificate (using https and port number 2443).

---DATA---
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.<br />
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.<br />
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.4
Perl/v5.10.0 Server at myserver Port 443</address>

---END DATA---

Is a certificate signed by a CA required to use the provisioning interface via
XML-RPC or can I use a

self-signed certificate?  If a CA signed certificate is required for SSL how can
I temporarily disable SSL

while I test the provisioning interface?