[Spce-user] customizing CSC for other languages

Daniel Tiefnig dtiefnig at sipwise.com
Tue Dec 14 10:23:40 EST 2010

On 12/14/2010 03:25 PM, Klaus Peter v. Friedeburg wrote:
> I try to use a german language file. The workarround desrcibed in the
> readme in /usr/share/ngcp-www-csc/lib/csc/I18N does not work because
> on a blank Lenny Installation the command "msgmerge" is missing.

We will add a dependency for gettext, so the workflow for new languages
is supported out of the box. Thanks for reporting!

The german translation is actually a special case, as there is already a
de.po file which is up-to-date, meaning it has all the message strings,
but without translations. So what has to be done here is to translate
the messages in de.po. One may use the distributed PO file from the
debian package, but be aware as it is not a configuration file, it will
be overwritten on package upgrades without notification.

Please note that there will be a german translation shipped with the
next version of the CSC, planned for some time during Q1 next year.

> I have build up the file de.po and have edit the file config.yml in
> section www-csc:
[...]
> On Login-Page the germen Icon is displayed but no other is displayed
> in the web-Site.

That's fine so far, the system will use the (english) default strings if
there is no translation in the specified PO file. So as long as there
are not translations in de.po, everything will be english still.

br,
daniel