[Spce-user] Rewrite rules for PSTN destinations

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Aug 1 06:02:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

i just noticed, that the rewrite rules for a peer doesn't work.
I have in my setup now the following setup:
- 1st choice either BT or Telefonica
- 2nd choice sipgate (as fallback)

In order to make my call through Sipgate, i need to rewrite the RURI
in order to make the calls work (dial 0049179 instead of 49179...).
I've set up the according rules for that peer. I don't need any rules
for BT or Telefonica.
I've noticed, that the rules were not applied, when Sipgate is used as
second choice.

I could fix this by adding the following two lines to the
"failure_route[FAILURE_ROUTE_PSTN]":
(in file: /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/proxy.cfg.tt2)

[...]
        # Apply rewrite rules for this destination (destination needs
to be marked ed as PSTN)
        $var(to_pstn) = 1;
        route(ROUTE_SET_CLI_CALLEE);
[...]
        #t_on_branch("BRANCH_ROUTE_CLI_RTP");
        route(ROUTE_OUTBOUND);

Afteer changing Sipgate to Prio 1 (for testing), i've noticed that in
this case the rules were not applied as well. I had to add those two
lines for the "ROUTE_PSTN" as well, in order to make it work
(terminating to Sipgate used to work previously??).
I am not sure, what or where this went wrong during the last updates?
Is anyone else experiencing those issues? Or might it have to do with
my local, minor changes to proxy.cfg.tt2?

Carsten

--
Carsten Bock
http://www.ng-voice.com