[Spce-user] Issue with caller ID on authenticated outbound calls ...

Jon Bonilla jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Aug 2 04:29:55 EDT 2011

El Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:59:23 +0200
Sébastien Cramatte <scramatte at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> We have recently setup an SPCE.  Our siptrunk requires   outboud
> authentication.
> When  you place a call from  SPCE subscriber to a number located over PSTN
> (outgoing through our trunk provider) ,  the caller ID  is force to
> peer_auth_user  value
>

> xx.xx.xx.xx -> SPCE IP
> yy.yy.yy.yy  -> TRUNK  IP
> zz.zz.zz.zz -> Subscriber IP
>
> Please take a look to  ngre-sip and kamailo-proxy.log attached files
>
> Thank you for your help
>

> Bye

Hi Sebastien

This is the normal behaviour. When you use auth credentials against a peer, the
from header is changed to the auth credetials for the challenge.

Anyways, you have ther PAI header with the subscriber information. From the
SPCE Handbook section 3.4:

"If you do NOT authenticate against a peer host, then the caller CLI is put into
the From and P-Asserted-Identity headers, e.g. "+4312345"
<sip:+4312345 at your-domain.com>. If you DO authenticate, then the From header is
"+4312345" <sip:your_peer_auth_user at your_peer_auth_realm> and the
P-Asserted-Identity header is as usual like <sip:+4312345 at your-domain.com>. So
for presenting the correct CLI in CLIP no screening scenarios, your peering
provider needs to extract the correct user either from the From Display-Name or
from the P-Asserted-Identity URI-User."