[Spce-user] General questions

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Feb 11 01:45:30 EST 2011

El Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:52:53 +0100
Daniel Tiefnig <dtiefnig at sipwise.com> escribió:

> > 6.       Is it possible to force a ring-back tone to the callee?
> > Right now there is silence until the call is connecting to pstn (pap2
> > test device)
>
> Well I guess this is intended, as the ring-back tone should occur only
> when the destination device is ringing... Should be possible with a
> kamailio config change, like sending a "180 ringing" instead of - or
> right after - the "100 trying", the SIP guys around here will know that.

For this purpose you'd need a b2bua able to send 180 or 183 back. But this is
never a good idea.

I've seen people using asterisk that configure their dial command with the "r"
option to fake the ringback tone while making the call. The problem here is
that the caller thinks the other side is ringing. If for example you're calling
a cellphone and you get an early-dialog message back like "this subscriber is
not available at this moment", you hear the message mixed with the ringback
tone!!

Our platform cannot do that at this point, as it does not include a b2bua agent
in the call flow. But even with the inclusion of this b2bua, that's never a
good idea. If you do not receive a 180 or 183 you should digg into that and
talk with your service provider.