[Spce-user] General questions

Daniel Tiefnig dtiefnig at sipwise.com
Thu Feb 10 18:52:53 EST 2011

On 02/09/2011 04:08 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi,

> 1.       Is it possible with CE to view CDR’s by peer group or peer
> contract in www_admin and see how much was spent or where could I
> pull this info from in the DB?

It's not in the webinterface, but you can select the data via SQL from
the accounting.cdr table by filtering on the source_provider_id and/or
destination_provider_id columns. They contain the peering's contract_id
value.

> 2.       I see payment.pm and enable admin for subscriber and
> payments 1, though I don’t see the option in csc. Is there a special
> way to enable this?

Payment support is not available in the CE currently, as it is not
generally useable. Implementation of billing interfaces is very closely
bound to the billing service provider. There is a PayPal implementation
though which could be of broader interest. But it hasn't been updated
for some time and PayPal changed quite some things in their
infrastructure so I can't tell ATM whether it still works. We're looking
into that for a future release when we think it's a useful extension for
the platform.

> 3.       Can a subscriber have the option to authenticate via IP
> instead only of user/pass? If so, what changes would I need to make
> to enable this.

We do support this in the system, but it has been temporarily removed
from the CE. It will be included again in the next release.

> 4.       How would I enable lnp and number.pm in www_admin? I can
> see the pages by visiting /name though missing from the menu.

Again, these parts of the system have limited functionality and are not
generally supported. If you want to have a look at them you can enable
them via /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/ngcp-www-admin/admin.conf.tt2 on
your system. They will be enabled per default as soon as we think they
provide a common benefit to the users of our platform.

> 5.       Devices within www_csc shows ‘Internal error, please try
> again later’ and the page is in mostly German.

This also is just a remainder of a prototype implementation for some
Linksys devices and not supported ATM.

> 6.       Is it possible to force a ring-back tone to the callee?
> Right now there is silence until the call is connecting to pstn (pap2
> test device)

Well I guess this is intended, as the ring-back tone should occur only
when the destination device is ringing... Should be possible with a
kamailio config change, like sending a "180 ringing" instead of - or
right after - the "100 trying", the SIP guys around here will know that.

> Excellent product by the way, very well put together. Thanks in
> advance.

Thanks a lot. As you can see, still in beta status, though. :o)

br,
daniel