[Spce-user] SIP:Provider CE on OpenVZ

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:11:59 EDT 2011

o Daniel Speichert on 06/23/2011 01:55 PM:
> Hello,
> I've installed SIP:Provider CE on OpenVZ guest system. Almost
> everything was fine, except some complaints about /proc/* permission
> denied. This is somewhat caused by the OpenVZ.
> Now, as a result, I get error while trying to start mediaproxy:
>
>     root at sip:/# /etc/init.d/ngcp-mediaproxy-ng-daemon restart
>     Restarting RTP/media proxy: ngcp-mediaproxy-ng-daemonFATAL: Module
>     ipt_MEDIAPROXY not found.
>
> The error message isn't very descriptive. Before that I have errors
> with kernel modules missing so I copied them and it fixed that error.
> However, I have no idea (and so does google) what is ipt_MEDIAPROXY
> module.

have you installed the kernel headers? Then the ipt_MEDIAPROXY module
(in-kernel RTP relaying) should be built by dkms when
installing/reinstalling the package ngcp-mediaproxy-ng.

If you get some errors about missing include files, see e.g. this thread:
http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2011-May/000337.html

Stefan