[Spce-user] CE as a VM on VMware server

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 24 14:33:09 EDT 2011

Hi Rolf,

On 03/24/2011 07:14 PM, Rolf Aglaster wrote:
> I am running a root server with different VMs. One of them is for
> testing purposes on CE. The VMs have a private IP and I use host-only
> networking. A public IP is solely matched to the CE VM.
>
> After some trials I found a way to use a sip trunk for outgoing calls
> and I successfully map an DID to my installation. Now I can call my
> gsm/mobile and I can place calls, so my IP phone rings. But I can not
> establish a bidirectional connection. The call on the DID keeps ringing,
> when I pick up. And I can't hear anything, when calling outbound.
>
> Is there a workaround to fix the mapping of the external to the internal
> IP?  If there is, which configuration files are in need of modifications.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but for SIP signaling it might work if you
set advertised_address="<your-public-ip>" in
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg.tt2 for example
after the last listen= option, then execute "ngcpcfg apply".

If you've fixed signaling, you can go for audio, which is a different
story for such kinds of NAT. I've seen a patch for rtpproxy somewhere in
the wild once which allows to set an advertised address (I think it was
used for running it on an AWS EC2 hosts). But if your subscribers are
not behind NAT, you don't need rtpproxy at all anyways (and the CE
actually shouldn't put one into the media path).

Andreas