[Spce-user] CE as a VM on VMware server

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 24 17:13:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 03/24/2011 08:14 PM, Rolf Aglaster wrote:
> I tried that, but it didn't change anything. Another funny thing. With
> my IP phone after a Fritz!Box (using stun-server) with a CE-account I
> get a forbidden notice, the phone hangs up, but then the phone rings for
> about 20 seconds before it stops. With a analoge phone attached to the
> fritz!box with CE account the described phenomenon appears.

I know of some older FritzBox firmwares where analog phones start
ringing under some circumstances. If it's an end device bug or related
to the signaling, can only be told if you look at a sip trace towards
the end device.

> Would a server on a public IP work without those stuff?

It's highly recommended to use a public IP if you're not familiar with
changing internal CE things, since then it'd work out of the box.

Andreas