[Spce-user] New: cant figure out some things

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:54:54 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 08:35 -0400, Dave wrote:
> Actually that was a bad example. If I try to dial an e164 number the results are the same.

 Interesting. So if you dial a valid telephone number ie: 19059631054
you're getting the same Forbidden To?

> What do you mean by peering rules?  I have one for the outbound provider it's just a default one as per the handbook. The inbound provider one has no rules at all

 In 'Sip Peerings' within admin you should have a peering contract
assigned and a Sip Peerings Group created. In the Sip peerings group,
you should have Peering Servers and Peering Rules. The Peering Rule
right now sounds to be blank (like in the docs).

 With this setup, a call to any number (e.164 or other) would go
upstream to your peer if not found locally. Which will work fine, but
you are saying that a valid e.164 is also refused?

 Really its not a problem to not have a peering rule in place to
block/not route an invalid e.164 from going upstream at this point. It
will be denied as it should but in future when your ears are wet ;) you
can play with the peering rules for better routing and call handling.

 What does tcpdump look like on a call with to a valid e.164?